Single lap professional & amateur sprint for bragging rights and cash!
*NEW FOR 2018*
BMX Racing is one of the most popular sports on dirt, and this year the GoPro Mountain Games welcomes BMX racing to the track in Eagle, Colorado, on Friday. Groups of riders compete in a fast-as-you-can single loop around the track, with the winners moving on to the next heat.
From the moment that the starting gate slams down you and up to seven other racers blast at a full sprint toward the first obstacle, BMX racing will give you that rush of adrenaline you’ve been looking for. Big jumps can mean big air. Steep backsides, deep turns, and downhill sections can add up to massive speeds.
Friday, June 8
Online Registration Opens – May 18 at 12pm
Onsite Registration Opens (Cash or Check Only) – 3:30-4:00pm
- Must sign GMG and USA BMX waivers onsite
- 1-Day BMX registrations available
Pro-Am Open – 4:00pm
IMPORTANT: Online registration for this event closes June 7 at 3pm. Riders who would like to register for the race after this time must register onsite (in Eagle, cash or check only) from 3:30-4pm on June 8.
The GoPro Mountain Games Standard Double Points and Pro-AM Open BMX Races will adhere to the rules and guidelines published in the 2018 USA BMX Rulebook.
The Eagle County BMX track opened in 2008 and is an official sanctioned USA BMX track by the American Bicycle Association. Each rider is permitted one trial race, after which you must purchase a 1-month temporary or 12-month full membership from USA BMX to continue racing. These memberships can be purchased at the track.
- Any BMX type and size bike is permitted, but we recommend that riders start with a 16 – 20″ wheel diameter, as that is the allowable limit in the Novice class. Bikes with larger wheels are permitted in the Cruiser class.
- Make sure all bolts are tight, especially your axle and stem bolts.
- Remove any freestyle-type axle pegs.
- All reflectors/brackets must be removed before competition.
- Kickstands must be removed before competition.
- Long sleeve shirt and long pants or jeans are required.
- Any enclosed shoe is permitted. Skateboard or flat pedal bike shoes are encouraged.
- Helmets are required.
*BMX registration does NOT include a Mountain Games Athlete Gift
Total Purse = $1,500
1st – $500
2nd – $375
3rd – $250
4th – $125
5th – $100
6th – $75
7th – $50
8th – $25
Eagle BMX Track near Eagle Pool & Ice (Eagle, CO)
Feeling like a million bucks is easy on Eagle’s world-class mountain bike trails! Their trail system is unique, with over 100 miles of singletrack. Built with all levels of riders in mind, your ride will take you over a variety of winding singletrack through high desert, aspen groves and dense, fragrant evergreen forests. The town-owned open space trails are open April 15-December 15 every year. BLM trails such as Boneyard, Redneck Ridge and the first 2 loops of the Haymaker Trail stay open year-round. Eagle is located directly off I-70, just 30 minutes west of Vail.