eBike MTN Circuit
RIDE LIKE A PRO. FEEL THE FLOW!
Class 1 eMTB competition geared for some good ol’ mountain fun.
This is a Class 1 Electric Mountain Bike Race (eMTB). The race event will be held on a course at the base of Pedal Peak (aka Golden Peak), just East of Chair 6,
Class 1 eMTB is a specific classification for sustainable use on trails, paths or riding areas. Class 1 eMTB models are defined as “a bicycle with fully operable pedals, and an electric motor under 750 Watts peak power that must be pedaled to activate the motor and that ceases to provide power above 20 mph”.
There will be three classes at this year’s event including: Pro (Men & Women), Amateur (Men & Women), and Junior (14 & Under). All participants will use an eMTB provided by a top quality bike manufacturer, like Bosch, or provided by the racer.
Pro (Men & Women)
Amateur (Men & Women)
Junior (14 & Under)
Format & Rules:
- Racers will start and finish in Pedal Peak (East of Chair 6 in Golden Peak).
- Racers will start each heat lined up in rows.
- All racers will advance to the finals. Starting position will be determined by qualifier finishing place.
- Only eMTBs that meet the following specifications for a Class 1 electric bicycle are allowed to race:
- Bikes operated by the following systems: Bosch, Brose, Shimano, or Yamaha
- Bikes that include fully operable pedals
- Bikes that include an electric motor of less than 750 watts that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling
- Bikes that include a motor that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches a speed of 20 miles per hour
- Bikes that include do not include a throttle
- All eMTBs must pass a technical inspection no later than 30 minutes prior to race start time. Top finishers’ bikes will be inspected after the finish of their race. An inspection corral will be located near the start/finish of the race.
- Demo eMTBs may be available from Bosch for use during the race.
- Helmets are required; Elbow and knee pads are recommended.
Start and finish is in Pedal Peak (aka Golden Peak) just East of Chair 6.
Thanks to our friends at Bosch, each eBike MTN Circuit registration includes a custom Troy Lee Designs MTB helmet!
REGISTRATION LAUNCH // February 5 – April 4, 2020
$70 – Pro/Amateur
$40 – Junior
EARLY BIRD // April 5 – August 16, 2020
$75 – Pro/Amateur
$45 – Junior
EVENT PRICING // August 17 – August 23, 2020
$85 – Pro/Amateur
$55 – Junior
total purse: $2,000
MEN & WOMEN – (Overall – Pro)
1st – $725
2nd – $425
3rd – $275
4th – $200
5th – $150
6th – $100
7th – $75
8th – $50
Thanks to our friends at Bosch, each eBike MTN Circuit registrant will receive a custom Troy Lee Designs MTB helmet! Make sure to select your helmet size during the registration process — helmet sizes cannot be guaranteed.
Custom YETI Awards for top 3 winners within each category.
First place male and female Pro category finishers will win an epic piece of YETI gear!