Try DockDogs | Friday
JOE-DOGS TAKE ON THE PRO POOL
So you and your canine pal want to try DockDogs? Now’s your chance! No competition, make it fun.
FRIDAY, JUNE 5
FRIDAY, JUNE 5
So you and your canine pal want to try DockDogs? Now’s your chance! This is a non- competitive format so come and make it fun.
Check out our ‘RULES’ tab for a complete starter’s guide to Try DockDogs!
Friday, June 5
COMPETITION FORMAT & RULES:
- For the Try DockDogs we suggest handlers bring their dog’s favorite floatable, retrievable toy, along with either a flat buckle collar, cloth only martingale or harness and a 4 ft. leash. Prong collars and e-collars are not allowed on the dock. Another good item to bring is either a towel or shammy to dry the dog off after jumping.
- Handlers must be 7 years of age or older and dogs must be 6 months or older.
- Teams will line up and each team has either 2 jumps or 2 minutes on the dock. They can then go back down and get in line again. How much dock time depends upon how many teams we have.
- Dogs must go off the dock under their own power. We do not allow pushing, shoving or tossing the dog into the water as that may make the dog afraid to ever enter water again. They may set the dog anywhere along the 40 ft. dock.
- For brand new teams we suggest setting the dog fairly near the pool end of the dock and tossing the toy in only 5 ft. or so until the dog gains confidence. Our staff will be on hand to help the dog successfully jump.
REGISTRATION LAUNCH // February 5 – April 4, 2020
EARLY BIRD // April 5 – May 25, 2020
EVENT PRICING // May 26 – June 7, 2020