PROTOCOLS & PROCEDURES
If current public health trajectories continue, it’s possible the GoPro Mountain Games will operate under new guidelines.
If policies change, more details will be provided here and throughout all communications channels.
Until that time, the GoPro Mountain Games and all events, programs, and venues of the nonprofit Vail Valley Foundation will operate under the following protocols:
All participants and staff must follow the 5 Community Commitments of Containment:
- I will maintain 6 feet of physical distance
- I will wash my hands often
- I will cover my face in public
- I will stay home when I am sick
- I will get tested immediately if I have symptoms
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home. Refunds will be issued to anyone unable to attend due to an illness.
- Wash hands often and use hand sanitizer where available.
- In ‘Common Areas’ all guests must wear a face covering.
- In designated areas, groups must maintain six feet of distance
- Please adhere to our venue’s specific protocols. Signage and staff will be here to help enforce these protocols.
All GoPro Mountain Games participants will be asked to agree to an additional liability release waiver during the online registration process.
Here is what you need to know upon arrival:
- We often operate by clearly marking two separate areas: activity areas and common areas
- In the common areas, face coverings are required and 6′ of physical distancing between groups should be maintained to the best of your ability.
- In our activity areas:
- Groups must maintain six feet of distance
- Group maximum number is eight
- Face coverings are recommended but may be removed when are outdoors and participating in the event.
- Our areas may change from event to event, but in most cases will be divided between the activity area and common area. The activity area and common area are both open-air/outdoors. The common area consists of our event registration check-in and information table.
Overall operational updates:
- Event/venue capacity will be limited according to state and local public health regulations.
- Face coverings are required for entry and event check-in and must be worn in the designated common areas. For the safety of our employees and guests, our employees will wear face coverings.
- Groups of up to 8 people may sit together. Each group must be separated by 6 feet. Temporary lawn markings, signage, and staff will help participants locate appropriate areas.
- In 2020, all VVF venues increased sanitization protocol with products certified by the EPA. This includes common touchpoints throughout events and venues.
- Guests are encouraged to leave additional space between groups/individuals to avoid crowding while exiting. Please adhere to all venue announcements before and after the event.
- Hand-sanitizing stations have been installed for your convenience.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and customers with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By participating in a GoPro Mountain Games or Vail Valley Foundation event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
We look forward to seeing you at OUR EVENTS soon!
We commit to do everything we can to keep our participants and staff as safe as possible while still providing the outstanding experience we are known for.