Posted by: Ross Leonhart
Join us for a day of service
In 2022, the GoPro Mountain Games continued its dedicated history of environmental stewardship by launching its Protect Our Playground initiative, a commitment to taking care of the lands and rivers we all live, work and play in. As part of the Protect Our Playground initiative — which includes waste diversion, recycling, composting, eliminating single-use containers, education outreach and more — Mountain Games staff, volunteers and athletes are partnering with the Eagle River Watershed Council for the 28th annual Eagle River Cleanup for this year’s Day of Service, focusing on the waterways in Eagle County (many of which are used for competitions during the Mountain Games).
The Eagle River Cleanup is Saturday, Sept. 10, from 9 a.m. to noon followed by a thank-you barbecue at Broken Arrow Cafe in Arrowhead from noon to 3 p.m.
How it works:
- Teams will be made up of 8-12 Mountain Games staff, volunteers and athletes (must be at least 14 years old to participate)
- Your team will be assigned an area along the Eagle River, Colorado River or Gore Creek to pick up trash and other unwanted items
- We will supply: safety vests, trash bags, T-shirts (at the post event BBQ)
- You should also plan to bring: work gloves, water, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, closed toe shoes
- In addition to the chance of winning great prizes and giveaways at the post event BBQ, a “Billy the Bass Award” will go to the Most Unusual Find during the cleanup
To sign up and join the GoPro Mountain Games in a day of service cleaning up local waterways, visit https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=833817842. The deadline to sign up is Friday, Sept. 2.
Share this Story: