Take a Hike
FOR YOUTHPOWER 365
Take a hike that you can feel extra good about. This GoPro Mountain Games event is a fundraiser anyone can participate in while supporting YouthPower365’s mission to inspire, educate and empower Eagle County youth and families from early childhood to college and career readiness.
Here to hike? Awesome, we are stoked to see you out there!
Here to hike AND fundraise for YouthPower365? Even better! Click the register button to the right to get started. There will be instructions on how to set up a team and where friends and family can support your hike!
Want to be in the know? Join our email list to get the latest Mountain Games news right at your fingertips.
The Mountain Games Hike is a participant fundraiser that offers surprise interactive stops along the way, keeping with the Mountain Games’ themes of art, music, and mountains. This moderate 3.65 mile hike is a great way to spend a Sunday with friends and family.
Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 provides programs from early childhood to college and career to help youth in Eagle County reach their full potential. We support youth and families every step of the way. Learn more at youthpower365.org.
SUNDAY, JUNE 12
- All participants will start and finish in Golden Peak (East of Chair 6 in Golden Peak).
- The 3.65 mile hike will include a variety of stops to surprise and delight hikers along the way.
- Participants will follow the course markings which will be black signs with GREEN arrows.
- The course map will be available 1 week prior to the event.
- The hike will take participants on Vail Mountain and feature a variety of terrain ranging from forest service access dirt roads to single track.
- Conditions may vary, so everyone should dress appropriately for spring weather in the mountains.
- Aid stations will be available on course.
WANT TO DO MORE? THIS IS HOW IT WORKS:
- The cost to register for the hike is $20 per person. The entry fee is not a donation and is not tax deductible.
- Want to do more? It’s simple, take part as an individual or grab some friends and join as a team to support YouthPower365 and be eligible for great prizes. Whether it’s $50 or $5,000, every penny raised above your initial entry fee goes towards YouthPower365 programs to support the youth and families of Eagle County.
- Each member of the team will be required to register separately and pay $20 to participate.
- Teams can be up to 10 people.
- You can create a fundraising page during the registration process. This handy fundraising page will allow people to donate directly to your individual fundraising total.
- You can choose to receive updates every time someone donates to your page.
- You will receive a weekly summary of your fundraising efforts along with fundraising helpful tips.
- Donation Information
- The Vail Valley Foundation is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record. We’ll send it to you upon successful completion of your donation.
- Donations collected through the hike will benefit YouthPower365 and support youth and families in Eagle County*.
*Donations to the hike do not qualify for CCTC credit. If you would like CCTC credit, please contact our Vail Valley Foundation development team at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordination a direct donation to YouthPower365.
fundraising BENCHMARKS AND PRIZES:
Don’t miss out on a variety of fundraising incentives, rewarding your generosity every step of the way. Incentives will be received for individual fundraising totals at $100, $500, $1000, $2500 and $5000.
Individuals will receive prizes as a fundraising benchmark is met. Prizes will be awarded the first time the benchmark is met not every time a benchmark is met (i.e. The first $100 raised will receive the prize vs for each $100 raised).
The top individual fundraiser and top team fundraiser will also receive prizes.
- To qualify for prizes, all donations must be received before the fundraising deadline of Saturday, June 11, 6PM.
- All prize quantities are limited and the event reserves the right to provide equivalents or adjust delivery schedules due to limitations in quantities.
- Grand prizes will be awarded to the top individual fundraiser and top team fundraiser. (Team fundraising total will be calculated by dividing the total amount of team donations collected by the number of members on the team.)
dress to impress:
Make your mark on the programs of YouthPower365 and along the trail by hiking in an individual or team costume. Take some photos along the way, post them on Instagram #goproMTNgames anytime during the hike to automatically be entered in the contest. Only registered participants will be eligible to win. Winners in the following categories will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on June 12, 2022
- Best team costume
- Best adult individual costume
- Best child individual costume
Price & Prizes
REGISTRATION PRICING// April 11 – June 12, 2022
*Hike registration does not include an athlete gift bag.
Don’t miss out on a variety of fundraising incentives, rewarding your efforts every step of the way. Incentives will be received for individual fundraising totals at $100, $500, $1000, $2500 and $5000.
Prizes will also be awarded for the top individual and team fundraisers, as well as best team, adult and child costume.