IT’S 5 O’CLOCK SOMEWHERE
Kickoff your GoPro Mountain Games weekend with an evening jaunt on the trails of Vail Mountain.
If you’re the kind of person who gets antsy watching the action from the sidelines, the Après 5K trail run is a great way to get involved and burn some calories over the weekend. It’s a 5K that isn’t a back breaker, but it’s not for couch potatoes either.
OFFICIAL RUNNING SHOE OF THE GOPRO MOUNTAIN GAMES:
Men & Women:
- 19 & under
FORMAT & RULES:
- All racers will start and finish the race in the same location in Mountain Plaza. Racers will be sent out in one mass start. Start positions will not be pre-determined and it is up to the athlete to get into desired start location.
- Athletes will race on the marked 5K course. Along the course, athletes will have to run on all types of terrain ranging from forest service access dirt roads to single track.
- Please see course map for aid station locations, where water and sports drink will be provided.
- No tripping, shoving or horseplay will be tolerated and any athlete participating in foul play will be pulled from the course and disqualified.
- Competitors who start significantly after the posted start time will still be clocked from the mass start time. No exceptions will be made.
- Dogs are not permitted to run in the Après 5K. Please enter our Rocky Dog Trail Run on Thursday, June 4 if you’d like to run with your pup!