FORMAT & RULES:
Photos must be submitted by 6:00pm (MST) on Sunday, August 16, 2020 at mountaingames.com/my-big-fish via the submission form on the page.
Images must be at least 1800 pixels on the long edge and at a high enough resolution to clearly make out the fish and the measuring tape for verification of length and your physical timestamp item.
Images may be taken on any camera but your photo must be submitted digitally.
Competitors will be responsible for providing all equipment needed to compete.
Competitors MUST include a standard measuring tape in their photos for reference and verification of the fish’s length.
Competitors MUST include an item that can physically timestamp your catch between August 8 through 16, 2020 (a local newspaper, a phone or watch showing the date, a rad handmade sign, etc.).
Competitors may use any kind of rod and reel for this fishing competition.
PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Competition will begin at 8:00am (MST) Saturday, August 8, and end at 6:00pm (MST) Sunday, August 16. Any photos taken before or after these times will not be eligible and the competitor will be disqualified.
- Photo submissions must include a standard measuring tape measuring the length of the fish for reference and an item that can physically timestamp your catch between August 8 through 16 (a local newspaper, a phone or watch showing the date, a rad handmade sign, etc.).
- Each competitor’s photo submission will be evaluated by the GoPro Mountain Games team to determine that they are in compliance with the competition rules. Photos must be submitted before 6:00pm on August 16 via the form found on mountaingames.com/my-big-fish/.
- Each GoPro Mountain Games Elements: Biggest Fish competitor can submit as many photo entries as they would like for their big fish/fishes caught between 8/8-16. Images must be received no later than 6:00pm (MST) on Sunday, August 16, 2020.In an effort to encourage that the images are of the highest integrity, no digital manipulation – other than standard digital processing, color adjustment, exposure and dust removal – will be allowed, (e.g. basic “cleaning up.”) Black & White and Sepia Tone images are also allowed.
- Photos should be taken with a digital camera. Recommended minimum image size for competition is 1800 pixels (on the longest side) RGB Jpeg at 300ppi (pixels per inch).
- Copyright of photography entered in the competition will remain the property of the photographer. However, by entering the event, competitors release the limited rights of images entered in the competition to the Mountain Games/Vail Valley Foundation to use in promotional materials. No third-party issuance of the images will be granted by Mountain Games without written approval by the photographer.
The competition is open to all interested anglers regardless of state and/or country of residency.
Competitors who are under the age of 18 must register with a parent or legal guardian.
Competitors will be required to provide all their own equipment. Furthermore, competitors must abide by all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations during their participation in the GoPro Mountain Games Elements: Biggest Fish.
For additional questions, please contact our registration team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All participants and staff of the GoPro Mountain Games must wear a face covering when 6 feet of distance cannot be kept from non-household members and must follow the Eagle County 5 Commitments of Containment:
- I will maintain 6 feet of physical distance
- I will wash my hands often
- I will cover my face in public
- I will stay home when I am sick
- I will get tested immediately if I have symptoms
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and customers with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By participating in the Mountain Games Elements yoga event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
VIEW FULL COVID-19 POLICY