Mountain Click Photo Competition
CLICK CLICK CHA-CHING
Are you the next Jimmy Chin? We’ll be the judge of that! Amateur and professional shutterbugs are welcome.
*NEW FORMAT FOR 2018*
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT BEGINS MARCH 1, 2018 AT 12AM MST
*NEW FORMAT FOR 2018* – WINNER TAKES ALL
We are on the hunt for the best photo of the 2018 GoPro Mountain Games. For the 2018 GoPro Mountain Click photography competition, photographers will have four days to capture the action on any camera they would like, including a GoPro camera.
This year, the photo competition will be broken down into two categories – PROFESSIONAL and AMATEUR. Each participant may enter only one category. Only difference: pro winners will receive the higher payout and the competition will be a little stiffer.
At the conclusion of these four days, photographers will submit their TOP PHOTO in their respective category. The top photo chosen from the professional category will take home $2500 and the top photo chosen from the amateur category will take home $1000. An honorable mention will also be named in each category with a payout of $500 for the professional category and $250 for amateur category.
Note: GoPro Mountain Click Competition is not a part of the GMC Ultimate Mountain Challenge.
FOR PHOTO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS VISIT THE RULES TAB
Deadline for submissions:
Wednesday, June 13 at 5pm MST.
Thursday, June 21
IMPORTANT: Registration for this event closes Tuesday, June 12 at 5pm MST.
Photos must be submitted by 5PM (MST) on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at mountaingames.com/photocomp via the submission form on the page. Competitors must include a Dropbox or WeTransfer link for judges to view/download photo submissions.
Images must 1800 pixels on the long edge at 300 dpi.
Name files HM_”Category Name”_”YourName” Images may be taken on any camera. *Must be submitted digitally
Photographers will be responsible for providing all equipment needed to compete.
1) Competition will begin at 8am (MST), Thursday, and end at 5pm (MST), Sunday. Any photos taken before or after these times will not be eligible and the photographers work will be disqualified.
2) This is a unique event where there is not an official “start line” but we know competitors will begin shooting at 8am on Thursday. For this reason and not to limit competitors, ALL photographers, even those pre-registered, must check-in at a Main Registration at some time during the competition prior to 10am, Sunday. This is to sign their liability waiver and receive their photo comp credential. There will be no onsite registration for Mountain Click competitors at the individual competitions.
3) Upon completion of the Mountain Games, photographers will email their best image to the submission link at mountaingames.com/photocomp. Images must be received no later than 5PM (MST) on Wednesday, June 13, 2018.
4) Photographers work will be judged by a photography professionals selected by the Vail Valley Foundation and will include photography professionals. All entries submitted to the GoPro Mountain Click Photo Competition will be posted on the Mountain Games Flickr account, Mountain Games Facebook page, and featured in the Vail Daily newspaper (date and time TBD).
In an effort to encourage that the images are of the highest integrity, no digital manipulation – other than standard digital processing, color adjustment, exposure and dust removal – will be allowed, (e.g. basic “cleaning up.”) Black & White and Sepia Tone images are also allowed.
5) Photos should be taken with a digital camera. Recommended minimum image size for competition is 1800 pixels (on the longest side) RGB Jpeg at 300ppi (pixels per inch).
6) Photographers will not be given special treatment or access to restricted areas throughout the venues. In order to submit photos for judging, photographers must register, pick up their registration packet, sign liability and receive their photo competition credential. Mountain Click competitors may enter certain shooting areas, but any competitor may be denied access at any time, for any reason by a Mountain Games staff member or security personnel.
7) NO DRONES ALLOWED. Per Mountain Games’ permit usage agreement no drones are allowed on any Town of Vail, Vail Resorts or US Forest Service property and will be subject to confiscation. Any photo submitted to the GoPro Mountain Click Photo Competition taken from a drone camera will be automatically disqualified.
8) Also, per Mountain Games’ permit usage agreement with the US Forest Service, competitors wishing to photograph the Steep Creek Championship will NOT be allowed special river bank access.
9) Copyright of photography entered in the competition will remain the property of the photographer. Photographers will release the rights of images entered in the competition to the Mountain Games/Vail Valley Foundation to publish and promote Mountain Games and/or the Vail Valley Foundation. No third party issuance of the images will be granted by Mountain Games without written approval by the photographer.
10) All winners will need to submit a W-9 Tax Form to the Vail Valley Foundation in order to receive their payout. W-9 Tax Forms will be distributed at the time that winning photos are announced and should be returned no later than July 30, 2018.
The competition is open to all interested photographers regardless of state and/or country of residency. Competitors who are under the age of 18 must register with a parent or legal guardian. Photographers will be required to provide all their own equipment. Furthermore, competitors must abide by all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations during their participation in the Mountain Games.
For additional questions, please contact the Vail Valley Foundation at 970-777-2015 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EARLY BIRD (3/1-3/30)
Early Bird (3/1-3/30)
All events have a limited capacity and will fill up quickly. You may, or may not receive an athlete gift depending on availability. To better ensure receipt of an athlete gift, please check-in at registration before June 8.
TOTAL PURSE: $4,250
1st – $2,500
Honorable Mention – $500
1st – $1,000
Honorable Mention – $250